Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects for Architectural Wayfinding Signage
Nova Polymers has partnered with Arcat, a leader in BIM object development to introduce the first BIM objects for use in Architectural and Wayfinding Signage. Below you will find a variety of NovAcryl product offerings, each having a specific background or color and detailed information on how to select these colors and patterns. The information below also helps understand how to specify these materials.
Each product offering is a specific background color and/or finish and you will find information on how to select colors or patterns for each specific object.
NovAcryl Construction Specification
Specify Nova Polymers signage to ensure that your signage is ADA compliant, durable, and vandal resistant. Nova Polymers has partnered with ARCAT to provide 3-part CSI and CSC specifications for construction.
NovAcryl BIM Objects
Nova Polymers has partnered with ARCAT to make wayfinding signage specification easy. These objects are compatible with BIM and CAD software, like AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit, etc.
BIM Advantages – Building Information Model or BIM is the process of developing a building model which is used in presenting and visualizing building components, construction sequences, resource allocation and other disciplines of construction process in a virtual environment. Building Information Model is an objectoriented building progress tool that utilizes 4D modeling concepts along with Autodesk Revit, Tekla structure, ArchiCAD softwares to design and build a building, as well as communicate its essentials.
BIM process generates 3D Model encompassing geometric and geographic information of the building and properties of its components. If you ask building owners and operators they will tell you numerous advantages of BIM and significant benefits of using building information modeling (BIM) during building construction life cycle. Some of very prominent benefits of BIM Modeling are:
Advantages of BIM to Building Contractors
- BIM provides a good estimation during bidding and procurement
- BIM improves coordination in construction sequencing
- Effective marketing presentation of construction approaches
- BIM helps in identifying possible conflicts that may arise during building construction
- Biggest advantage of using BIM is lesser amount of errors and hence rectifications – saving costs and resources
- BIM allows for more “what if” analysis, such as construction sequencing options, shuffling of human resources, fine-tuning cost factors, etc.
- BIM helps clients and end-users in understanding and visualizing the end product
- BIM helps owner in taking informed decisions about the proposed project.
- BIM allows designer to use sophisticated web-based tools which connects the project’s program to other BIM tools such as Tekla, Revit and ArchiCAD.
- Designer has a scope of incorporating eco-friendly design aspects before the commencement of the project.
Advantages of BIM to Cost Engineer
BIM model allows for better cost estimation of human resources, raw materials and structural components.
Construction and Building projects are dynamic in nature and the status of construction changes frequently as the time progresses. Most civil engineers plan their project based on primary filed drawings which are prone to frequent changes during the execution period. The 4D BIM model not only provides the visual aid, it also allows the building owner to perform “what-if” analysis. With Building Information Modeling, construction documents are produced more easily, allowing architects to spend more time on the building design.