Orbital X Maintenance
Maintaining A Photopolymer Processor
Orbital X Maintenance - The Orbital X Photopolymer Process requires basic maintenance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Following a few simple steps will allow the Orbital X to perform at an optimum level over many years. The equipment is fairly simple and general maintenance and be done in a minutes a day.
- Drain the water out of the washout tank and refill with clean water. Always keep the brush submerged in water.
- Cover the sticky mat on the washout platen with a piece of Mylar after use.
- Thoroughly clean the washout tank and brush. Always refill the washout tank and keep the brush submerged in water.
- Perform an exposure test with the 21 Step UV Stouffer Scale to ensure proper amount of UV output. Adjust exposure time accordingly to achieve a solid 16 on the Stouffer Scale.
- Apply small amount of lubricating grease to the leveling pads on the washout platen.
- Replace the vinyl cover sheet in the main exposure draw.
- Replace the bulbs in both the main exposure draw and the post exposure draw.
*Refer to equipment manual if necessary or contact Nova Polymers Technical Support with questions.